Friday

Spring has Sprung!

Spring has sprung!!! As I write this I am looking out the window and it is snowing, how ironic. Spring is one of the neatest feelings; everything is new and fresh (Except in the studio backyard where the snow had nicely covered over the unlandscaped yard and some of the old shingles that the roofer just through on the ground just before the snow fell.) I'm feeling optimistic about the "spring" in my own life, I feel as though maybe I have a new start at becoming a fit and healthy individual or a better father and husband. I'm also looking forward to the chance to get outside and do some landscaping and make the outside of the studio look a little more like the inside.

I am also starting to live a new chapter of life, I have made what could be the last submission of work for my Masters. For the last number of years I have been working hard to become a master of the craft of Photography and am very close to completing the requirements for a Master of Photographic Arts. I realize that that really doesn't matter too much for any of my clients or potential clients; they just know that the work that they get is what they expect, the very best; but there is something nice about having my peers look at me and my work and say "He really is a master artist."

I gotta go, life is just too busy, thanks for reading my musings; here are a few quotes for you:

Love of beauty is taste.
The creation of beauty is art.”
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

If Rembrandt were alive today he would probably be a photographer. And he would probably be photographing woman. I suspect that his work would be a lot like what we see here.
-Anonymous

I want to touch people with my art. I want them to say “He feels deeply, He feels tenderly.”
-Vincent Van Gogh

Have a great day,

Rodney

No comments: