Saturday

Ladies Who Launch

Rod and I had the pleasure of attending the fall kick-off for "Ladies Who Launch" in Winnipeg. It was a fun evening of networking with other women business owners and guests. Ladies Who Launch is an international organization that provides resources, opportunity and community for women who have a dream they want to see take-off.

While we were there, I got to talk to lots of fascinating women and it was neat to also hear the positive feedback on the work of my husband. As often happens, a few women commented on the images, saying they'd like to do that, but they'd have to lose (fill in the blank) first. I found myself trying to convince them otherwise and then realized later that we all have to come to that point of decision/action ourselves. We can't or won't be pushed into things that we either don't want or don't think we can have. I am a prime example. My chiropractor and my back have been telling me that I need to strengthen my core muscles. But I keep putting it off for a better time. (My life is too full right now. When could I possibly fit in one more thing?) One of these days, the pain of staying where I am is going to outweigh the pain of action and change...unless I make the choice now and decide to pursue what I know I need to do.

I think that's probably what Ladies Who Launch is all about. We all have these dormant dreams deep within us (one of mine is to sing our national anthem at a major sporting event). Will we choose to let them be born? Or will we continue to push them down farther under all of our day-to-day activities and the pressures to keep up with other people's expectations? It's so easy to let the urgent things take precedence over the important, isn't it?

So, the next time someone uses the shape their body is in as an excuse for not coming in for a session, I'm not going to try to change their mind for them. Maybe I'll just ask them a question: "Is an Eve session something you really want? Because if you really want it, go for it. Do whatever you feel you need to do to get ready for it. And if there's anything we can do to help you, we will."

More and more we're getting to know other businesses that are helping women take care of and accept their bodies...sometimes through exercise, sometimes through emotional healing, sometimes through support or even exploring the role of hormones. And sometimes, all it takes is one decision for the rest to fall into place. One of our clients came in for a consultation weeks ahead of her session. She wanted to learn more and get psyched about her session. And then she wanted to take four weeks and do a Sustainable Fitness boot camp. She came back glowing with the excitement of her progress towards her goals of being more fit. At her session, she had the chance to re-discover and celebrate her beauty. And that in turn provided even more incentive for her second boot camp.

Take stock of where you're at and how you feel about it. Decide the next step...is it learning more of your options, taking a look at your schedule, talking to those close to you and getting their ideas and support? Or (like me), do you know exactly what you need to do, but you just need to dive in and do it? What are we waiting for? Let's launch!

No comments: