Wednesday

Simply Delicious

With the cold, blustery weather we've been having, I thought I would offer this recipe for a simple, quick soup to warm you through and through! It's the perfect flavour for autumn.

(This recipe is sized for 2-3 people. I would double it for a family).

Golden Carrot Soup

3 Tbsp. butter
1 diced onion
1 small garlic clove, minced
5 c. water
2 1/2 c. sliced carrots
1/4 c. rice
2 tbsp. chicken bouillon mix (I substituted 1 c. broth for 1 c. water)
Salt and chopped parsley (I used a bit of thyme and Mrs. Dash with the salt)

Sauté onions and garlic in butter until tender. Add remaining ingredients. Simmer 20-25 minutes. Blend in blender. Salt and parsley (or other herbs) to taste. Makes a nice creamy soup.

* just one note: be sure not to skimp on the water, and be careful not to blend on too high a speed or too long as consistency can turn pudding-like *

Enjoy!

No comments: